(Art card inspired by Kal)
(My take on the Love at first sight Dare)
It's back. WOOO HOOO! I thought I lost it - my creativity that is. I wasn't really feeling it with my art cards and I was having trouble coming up with ideas. But, I've been inspired. This morning it was by Kal Barteski and her amazing art work and art lessons! (Thanks Kal!)
This evening it was by the tv show - So you think you can dance. And while I watched it, I skimmed through Rebecca Sower's Scrapbooking Life's Little Moments book. She is the featured designer this month on Scrap In Style TV's website (for which I am totally addicted - what a fun little community of scrappers - so much positive encouragement there!)
Here's a little overview on Rebecca's style and her book that I'm interested in exploring:
She loves: tags, leaves, vintage, buttons, fabric, quotes, collages, wings, sewing, stamping, paint, and frames
Ideas I gleaned for journalling;
- What does your heart value?
- What does it mean to you? ie) to curl up with your little one each evening and read a bedtime story?
- scrapbook reality - less of what I see, more of what I feel
- To be a friend one must show himself friendly (cool quote - could go many places with this)
- scrapbook from the heart
- decide what you want to say - plan your layout around that
- give details about the story behind the picture
- write down at least one memory for each family member every other day (or once a week)
- details define life!
Some more ideas:
- use visual lines for journalling (try sewing them)
- how can I add texture to this?
- use those markers!