Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

Sing the Hockey song Mama ... and other Canadian thoughts.

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.


I think I sang our national anthem about 5 times today. I didn't get away with singing just the last line either. "Sing the hockey song Mama ... the long song not the short one." I'd sing it and then Joel's voice would chime in "and the game is under way." Not sure if it's good that he thinks of our national anthem as "the hockey song" ... I'm betting a lot more people than just Joel think of it that way. I mean really, it's about the only time I hear it sung (before hockey games and on Canada day).

Onto other Canadian events that occured this week ...
1. We celebrated Canadian thanksgiving! Turkey and family. It was good to celebrate and to be grateful for all the wonderful blessings we have. We celebrated with Matt's family on Saturday (We missed you Clarke and Kim and Adie) and then with my family on Sunday. It was good. So thankful for these wonderful people in my life.

2. Tuesday was Election day in Canada. I voted. It is so so important to vote. We now have a minority conservative government (which is what we had before the election occurred). Stephen Harper is our prime minister and they have 143 seats. The Liberals are the opposition party with Mr. Dion as their leader. Should be interesting to see how they lead our country in the next few months.

2 comments:

caro said...

It's sounds like your government will be good. I wish we could be conservative here & the good parts that come with that...

Your week in the life is truly lovely - digital is wonderful for this kind of BIG project - especially like your pp choices.
I am really hoping Santa will remember that I'd like to get Photoshop!!!

Enjoyed the tidbits about your Canadian traditions. tx

Stacy said...

i never voted i forgot about till closing time i am a bad girl but who i would have voted for won so i am happy with the results and turkey was awesome i think i am good till christmas now but i did learn the secret!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails