Sunday, August 09, 2009
Grass Stains and thankfulness ...
Goodies: Designer Digitals: Kate Pertiet - Ticketed2brush, Web challenge 80909 journal paper, L'il bits happy tag and staple; A. Victoria - Faux Bois pp. Little Dreamer Designs: Michelle Coleman - Corner Circle Brush; CD Muckosky - Free Spirit Alpha. Dafont: Travelling Typewriter font.
Things I'm thankful for today:
1. That I'm 19 weeks pregnant (45% according to the meter on the side of my blog, and 18 weeks according to my first ultrasound - but who's counting!) According to my research he or she is about 6 inches long already! Amazing how fast they grow!
2. That I get to stay home with my boys again! It is such a joy to know that when I get up in the morning my job is to hang out with the cutest boys in the world (I'm a little biased) and grow this baby -- among other things like a little housekeeping and cooking of dinner and scrapbooking and quilting!
3. Speaking of quilting ... my quilt is just about finished. I just have to bind it. This week I'll work on that so I can get to work on Joel's quilt once the fabric gets here!
4. Friends! So thankful for friends! I went to a movie with my dear friends Krista and Mel and a new friend Wendy last night. We saw Julie and Julia ... it was AWESOME! I really enjoyed the story lines ... but I don't want to ruin it for you so that's all I'm going to say!
5. I'm thankful for my green couch. This couch just finally came to our home after 5 years of waiting at my parents home. So glad it is finally here and in my living room -- its so comfy and I lay there a lot these days.
6. I'm thankful for my wonderful husband Matt. He is really wonderful ... he has been doing the grocery shopping lately, and eating hotdogs (because that's all I can muster the energy to cook), and working hard and I love him.
7. I'm thankful for a week in Edmonton! We stayed with Auntie Allison and Uncle Glen this week ... it was fun times!
8. I'm thankful for my Mother in law who has filled my freezer with good food ... for the nights I can't even muster enough energy to cook hotdogs!
9. I'm thankful for my parents and their generosity.
10. I'm thankful that my Mom and sister Kara picked up the boys on thursday and took them for a fun afternoon at Fort Edmonton park while I slept ... I was not feeling well that day and spent the day on the couch.
11. I'm thankful for my neighbour Catherine. On Tuesday when I was packing up to go to Edmonton, I locked the doors to the van and then proceeded to slam my baby finger in the driver side door. IT HURT!! I asked Joel to go in the house and find the keys but he couldn't find them. Thankfully my wonderful friend and neighbour came out of her house at the right moment and ran and got the keys and freed me from the agony! There were a whole bunch of tears running down my face and a bruised finger and much relief on my part.
Posted by Kimberly White at 14:18