Pages

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for:



1. Time to do some crafty stuff ... as I'm sure you've noticed I've been scrapbooking lately. It is something I can do with Olivia in my arms (a little difficult but I make it work). I'm also working on a little quilt to keep her warm in her bucket (as we lovingly call the car seat). The above photo will be the back and is inspired by a postage stamp quilt I saw on flickr. The front is inspired by one of the wonderful quilting books I got for Christmas (thanks Allison) Quilts Baby (Woodland Creatures by Aimee Ray).

2. Grandmas - both of you have been so so wonderful to help me lately. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

3. Olivia has been sleeping through the night for the past 3 nights. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

4. Taking Joel to playschool is starting to get easier ... he's starting to listen and do what I ask to get ready and I'm getting better at organizing our morning so it's not so stressful that way.

5. My wonderful husband ... so very thankful for his love and support.

6. God's promises. I was reading Psalm 16 yesterday - so thankful that He loves me.

Psalm 16

Keep me safe, O God,
for I have come to you for refuge.
I said to the Lord, “You are my Master!
Every good thing I have comes from you.”

The godly people in the land
are my true heroes!
I take pleasure in them!
Troubles multiply for those who chase after other gods.
I will not take part in their sacrifices of blood
or even speak the names of their gods.
Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.
You guard all that is mine.
The land you have given me is a pleasant land.
What a wonderful inheritance!

I will bless the Lord who guides me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I know the Lord is always with me.
I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.

No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice.
My body rests in safety.

For you will not leave my soul among the dead
or allow your holy one to rot in the grave.
You will show me the way of life,
granting me the joy of your presence
and the pleasures of living with you forever.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I posted about Psalm 16 on my blog recently too! Love reading about your family! I've been following your blog for several years now.

Lacey F said...

Greatt post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails