Pages

Monday, December 06, 2010

Make and Let Go

December 6 – Make.
What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?
(Author: Gretchen Rubin)

The last thing I made ... today I worked on my December Daily project. Made mostly on my computer but there is a spot where I hand journal (I think it's important for this project to have my handwriting). Paper, photo paper, ink. I have taken on WAY to many projects for before Christmas. But such is December.


December 5 – Let Go.
What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?
(Author: Alice Bradley)

Two things this year:
1. My house. Our family moved this August ... into a smaller older home that is still in the midst of a renovation. Letting go of my house was tough for me because it was designed by my Dad (with huge input from Matt and I) and built by my husband. He did most of the work and it is a BEAUTIFUL house. But it's just a house. And there are wonderful people living there (who take such beautiful care of it). I really do need to remember that it's not the house or the land that I need to sink my roots into. And besides ... home is where your heart and your family is.
2. The idea of having a fourth baby. We are complete at 3 children.

As you have therefore received Christ, [even] Jesus the Lord, [so] walk (regulate your lives and conduct yourselves) in union with and conformity to Him. Have the roots [of your being] firmly and deeply planted [in Him, fixed and founded in Him], being continually built up in Him, becoming increasingly more confirmed and established in the faith, just as you were taught, and abounding and overflowing in it with thanksgiving. Colossians 2:6-7

1 comment:

Brown English Muffin said...

wow leaving that house had to be hard...but here's to making more memories in the new one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails