Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Joy playlist


One my work in progress list is an ongoing course I've been taking called One Little Word - instructed by Ali Edwards. The past two weeks I've been working hard to get back at, because I had not done any work on it since June. Eeeek! Last week I did July and in the past two days I've finished August. Hooray! Tomorrow I can start working on September's prompt.

July was to pick some of our favorite songs that evoke our word. Here's my playlist:

1. No chains on my by Chris Tomlin
2. Everything by Michael Buble
3. Just the Way you are by Billy Joel
4. Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison
5. Whenever God shines his light by Van Morrison
6. Everyday by Hillsongs
7. Amazing love (unknown)
8. My Wish by Rascal Flats
9. Joy to the World (Unspeakable Joy) by Chris Tomlin
10. My soul magnifies the Lord by Chris Tomlin
11. Forever and ever, Amen by Randy Travis

I noticed that most of my songs were about loving or being loved - by God, by my husband and vice versa. I guess for me love brings joy. I've also noticed that joy is a choice. I've been consciously choosing joy these days when I could choose grouchy or discouraged (not always but often!) My all time favorite joy song is Everything by Michael Buble. I turn it up and dance everytime I hear it ... it makes my heart sing and fills my heart with joy!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails