Pages

Saturday, October 04, 2008

My yummy Cannelloni Recipe

My sister in law called me today for this recipe and I thought I'd share it on the blog too ... I don't have a picture of it but it's really really easy and yummy!

Three Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Cannelloni

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Ingredients:

Package of no cook cannelloni
1 beaten egg
1 12 ounce container of (low fat) cottage cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp of oregano
about 20 leaves of fresh spinach cut into small slices
1 141/2 ounce can of Italian style stewed diced tomatoes
1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce

For filling: stir together egg, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, spinach and oregano. (I also put some pepper and a dash of salt. I think I use a larger portion of mozza and parmesan cheese, and eyeball the amount of spinach and oregano to our taste). Spoon a small amount of filling into the cannelloni shell (until it’s filled up – usually requires me to get my fingers dirty). Arrange filled cannelloni in a baking dish. Combine undrained tomatoes and tomato sauce. Pour over cannelloni in the baking dish. Sprinkle some oregano and salt and pepper over the top. Bake covered for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer.

(Recipe modified from Better Homes and Gardens Three Cheese stuffed shells recipe.)

1 comment:

Corey said...

oooh yum
that sounds good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails