Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

WIP Q&A

Thanks for all the lovely comments! There were a couple of questions I thought I'd answer:

1. Lee asked if I was using Kaffe Fabric for the Kaffe quilt that I am working on.

No, I'm using Michael Miller fabric designed by Laura Gunn - her Poppy collection (I got mine at Hawthorne Threads). I really really liked the flowers in this fabric and so I just "had" to get it! Then one day at the library I found the Kaffe Fassett quilt book ... his Pastel Italian Tiles quilt was one of my favorites. I was talking to the local quilt shop lady about this quilt and she thought that the fabric I had would work wonderfully with the pattern. I didn't follow the pattern exactly - used it mostly for inspiration. I will show photos of the finished quilt in December (hopefully I finish it by then!)

2. Elizabeth asked how I like my Janome machine. (Janome 4030 QDC Quilting/Decor sewing machine)

I really like it! I got it for Christmas last year (a joint gift from my wonderful husband and inlaws - thank you so much!) I had an old Kenmore sewing machine that I learned to quilt on, but the feed dogs wouldn't lower (which meant either no free motion quilting or taking them out and messing up the tension on my machine). I really like all the features on this machine ... the walking foot, the fact the feed dogs drop down easily, the button for backing up, the button to plunge my needle in the fabric, the fact that I can control the speed of sewing with my foot or with the lever on the machine. I don't think I've even scratched the surface of all the things it can do.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

hey beautiful you come see what i did i posted it on my blog i am very proud of it its my first attempt i am eye bawling some micheal miller fabric on etsy to make her a blanket maybe ?? un sure love your stuff

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails