I noticed on Ali Edward's blog that she was participating in the REVERB 10 challenge. I thought it was interesting and that I would give it a go ...
December 1 One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
(Author: Gwen Bell)
Every year I pick a word (also inspired by Ali Edwards). This year's word was BLESSING.
How has this year been a BLESSING:
- a new home (a better fit for us with a bedroom for each of our children and a smaller mortgage).
- debt freedom (except for the house - thank you Dave Ramsey)
- a new baby ... Olivia (such a joy and a blessing in our lives)
- 6 years of marriage - and we're happy and in love.
- Joel has started kindergarten - in a wonderful school with a teacher who is perfect for him
- Josh has been growing - especially where talking and vocabulary is concerned
- Allison and Glen have moved to our city
- I've started being on the music team at church
- attending Bible study with some wonderful women - and learning so much
- God has blessed us more than we could ask or imagine.
I'm still throwing around a word for next year, some I've thought about are: PEACE, CALM, JOY, SUCCESS
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26 NIV