Pages

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

WIP Wednesday

A busy week has flown by again. And I'm happy to report that I have made some progress in the crafty department!

Quilting:



1. Master Bedroom Quilt: I finished the back, a completely different style than I usually do! I usually use white flannel and a strip of fabric to echo the front. This quilt back is inspired by this quilt back on flickr which was actually the reason I wanted to make this quilt in the first place! I was thankful for my husband's input the day I was making the quilt back - I was nervous that the orange might be too much - we experimented with white but I'm glad we decided to be bold! You can see a picture of the front of my quilt on this post.



2. Patchwork quilt. I have been really drawn to patchwork quilts on flickr lately. I also have been wanting to buy new fabric and it's not in my budget at the moment ... so I looked through my stash and I'm going to use up the Lizzy House Red Letter Day fabric I bought last year - a stash busting project! Hooray!



3. Mug Rugs: Last week I spent some time playing and made two little mug rugs. A fun and satisfying project - I really like how quick they are to make!

Scrapbooking:
1. Joshua baby book
2. Romance mini
3. 2010 Daily December
4. February One Little Word Course project (some work done here see this post).

Blog books: (no work done this week)
1. 2007
2. 2008
3. 2009
4. 2010
5. 2011 (I started working on this one ... this is such a big job)

Photo books: (no work done this week)
1. from 2010

This week's stats:
1. New Projects:2
2. Completed Projects: 1
3. Abandoned projects: 0
4. Currently in Progress: 12

4 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, I love that orange!! The heck with that being the back of anything... I want just that for my bed!! It's gorgeous!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Hi ...I'm not used to these pieced backs...but; I must say; I am loving this one!! the colours are exceptional...good work girl

Lee said...

The orange on your quilt is definitely not too much, it's stunning! I just love it! And I'm insanely jealous of your Red Letter Day fabric, I missed out on that line. Have fun with that one!

Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday, have a great week. : )

Stacy said...

hey kim loving the quilt!! just beautiful!!!what days are you usually home we should set of a tea date i dont owrk till the 18 and 19th of march so i am wide open let me know

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails