This week just sped by! I've found some time to do some crafty stuff in amongst my other duties like parenting and laundry. Here is this week's progress:
1. Master bedroom quilt: at a standstill for two reasons - it's going to be a huge quilting job and I'm still not sure how I'm going to quilt it, AND I'm focussing on the Lizzy House quilt top.
2. Lizzy House quilt: still working on the top ... getting bigger every day. I also took advantage of a 50% off sale at my local fabric store and bought the batting and flannel for the back.
3. Cathedral quilt sampler: a new little project. I've been noticing on flickr some beautiful quilts - some that I'm particularly interested in making are - Cathedral window quilts, hexigons and wedding ring quilts (although I really like the look of Denyse Schmidt's single girl design). Back to the point, I went to the library and found a book called Ultimate Quilting Bible by Marie Clayton which has some good instructions for how to make all of these quilts (but not the single girl). This week I started a small Cathedral window quilt sampler. Not so sure I will ever make another because of all the hand sewing ... Here it is so far:
And here is some inspiration I've found on flickr:
1. cathedral windows, 2. single girl #2, 3. new bag!!!, 4. King-Size Single Girl, 5. a hexagon potholder, 6. Mini Hexagon Pincushion Practice, 7. Wedding Ring, 8. Pillow Talk Swap Pillow Front
1. Joshua baby book
2. Romance mini
3. 2010 Daily December
4. One Little Word Course project. Started working on my March prompt. Planning to enJOY and adventure with my kids and husband this weekend (we talk about this and just rarely do it).
Blog books: (no work done this week)
Photo books: (no work done this week)
1. from 2010
This week's stats:
1. New Projects:1
2. Completed Projects: 0
3. Abandoned projects: 0
4. Currently in Progress: 13