Pages

Sunday, April 08, 2012

Quilt Process







I finally finished making my nine patches (36 in all).  I had planned to add an extra row to the length but I ran out of fabric squares so I decided to be happy with a square queen sized quilt.  I'm really happy with how this quilt is coming together.  The last patchwork quilt I made, I sewed the rows together (one patch at a time) - I like the method I'm using this time much better.  I have also been sewing the nine patch blocks together in another larger nine patch (which becomes a quarter of the quilt).  I think this will be my "MO" for other patchwork quilts is the future.  Pictures here show how I planned out the smaller patchwork squares to look "randomly" placed.  I used tape markers for to help me remember the order to sew them.  I now have half of the quilt all sewn together! Woo hoo!









1 comment:

Jude said...

kim! this is so cool! love the mix of colors and patterns :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails